The MNC is seeking a Community Centre Officer to provide a first point of contact for people wishing to utilise the services offered by the MNC.
The position is a paid traineeship and is contingent upon eligibility and a successful application under the “Boosting Apprenticeships Commencements” scheme at Certificate III level.
Position Title: Community Centre officer
Location: Maleny, Queensland
Responsible to: Volunteer Support Worker
Roles Reporting to this Position: Volunteers
Award: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010
Hours of Duty and Salary Range:
From 15 hours per week, commensurate with award level
Status: Permanent part-time, fixed term for duration of traineeship.
MNC is a not-for-profit organisation and the continuation of this role upon completion of the traineeship is subject to funding.
Key Selection Criteria:
The successful applicant must be:
1. Willing to complete a traineeship under the Boosting Apprenticeships Commencements scheme at Certificate III level in Business or Community Services
2. A warm welcoming person who engages with people easily
3. A person with a calm disposition with highly developed emotional resilience
4. Non-judgemental and respectful of diversity
5. A caring person who responds to people with compassion and respect
6. Well-developed written, verbal and digital communication skills
7. A person who works well with team approaches and is committed to co-operative practice
Other aspects associated with this position
Applications from First Nations people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Occasionally an extension of regular working hours or work outside usual office hours may be required – eg. for specific events.
A current Blue Card or ability to obtain a blue card prior to commencement.
The duties of this position may be adapted to changing needs, or in response to organisational development processes.
To apply, please provide:
1. Your current CV and a short covering letter
2. A statement of claims addressing the seven selection criteria listed above
a. Please read the Selection Criteria and the attached Position Description before applying
b. Please limit your written response to 200 words per criterion
c. Please provide examples of your ability to meet or exceed each criterion
3. The names and contact details for two referees, including your most recent manager
Please email your completed applications to Malenync.firstname.lastname@example.org
MNC will treat your application confidentially in accordance with our privacy statement, which will be made available upon request.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact the president of the MNC Management Committee, Ian Demack, on 0421 339 416
Applications must be received by 29th May 2022
For further information and the full details please click here.