MALENY NEIGHBOURHOOD CENTRE ROOM HIRE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
To use the premises of the Maleny Neighbourhood Centre you must agree to the following conditions. Receipt
of this document implies that you accept all of the eighteen conditions listed below.
1) Use of Maleny Neighbourhood Centre (MNC) is bound by policies that can be downloaded from
www.malenync.org.au/Policies. Please familiarise yourself with these Policies: Conflict Resolution, Health and
Safety, Volunteer Management and Conflict of Interest.
2) Those hiring space or rooms at MNC must be financial members. Membership rates are individual concession
$6 pa, individual part time waged $15 pa, individual full time waged $30 pa, Not For Profit Organisations $50
pa and Businesses $100 pa. Not For Profit Organisation Members and Business Members receive a one-off,
free room hire up to the value of their annual membership. All members will be emailed Room Hire Conditions,
Room Hire Rates and MNC Policies when joining or renewing.
3) MNC allows legal activities (as defined by Australian Federal Law) within the Centre. The Centre respects the
rights of Maleny groups of individuals to hold diverse opinions. MNC does not necessarily endorse the views
or opinions expressed by groups or individuals using the Centre and will not be held responsible for the views
of those using the Centre.
4) The MNC Committee is mindful of the safety of our members, volunteers and visitors especially young people.
In all activities, please ensure that young people are under your direct supervision; or when moving around the
grounds of the Centre do so in pairs or small groups. Please note that MNC is not fully fenced. First Aid kits
are kept in both kitchens, at front counter and in the office. More safety details can be found in MNC’s Health
and Safety Policy.
5) MNC is a smoke free zone. Smokers are asked to smoke outside the boundary fence. No dangerous goods or
illegal drugs are to be brought onto the premises. People using the Centre must not be under the influence of
6) The Maleny Flexi School are paying tenants at the MNC. The young people that attend the Flexi School are
enrolled at the Maleny State High School therefore the Flexi School is an off-site campus of the Maleny State
High school. All Education Queensland restrictions apply to this site during school hours. Please do not
engage with students without permission or direction from the MNC Coordinator. Please direct any queries,
issues or concerns to the Neighbourhood Centre Coordinator or the Flexi School Co-Ordinator.
7) MNC will not be liable to the Hirer for any loss or damage arising from the Venue not being adequate or fit for
the purpose of the Hire.
8) The Hirer is liable for the loss of keys issued by MNC. If keys are lost and cannot be returned, the Hirer agrees
to reimburse the Centre a $50 key replacement cost. The Hirer will ensure that keys to the premises remain in
the possession and control of the Hirer (and not lent to others) for the hire period. Keys need to be returned
promptly as per arranged.
9) The Hirer will use the Centre, its facilities and equipment in a safe and proper manner and not risk injury to
persons or damage to property and will immediately comply with any reasonable direction of the
Administration Officer or Centre Coordinator.
10) The Hirer is required to familiarise themselves with the venue and with access pathways into and out of the
building for safety purposes and read the fire evacuation instructions.
The Hirer shall keep MNC indemnified from and against all actions claims, demands, losses and expenses for
which MNC may become liable in relation to any cause whatsoever to property or person caused or
contributed to by the use of the person in or about the premises however caused other than the wilful or
negligent act of MNC or its staff or agents.
12) The hirer indemnifies MNC and agrees to keep MNC indemnified in respect to all loss and/or damage directly
or indirectly associated with the hire of the premises. The hirer will use and occupy the venue and any part of it
at the risk of the hirer and releases MNC from all liability arising as a result of:
- Any accident, loss, damage or injury to persons or property occurring in the venue while occupied or used by the Hirer under this agreement;
- Any loss or damage suffered by any person or persons directly or indirectly associated with the hire of the premises.
13) The Hirer will ensure that:
a) Children are to be supervised at all times especially in the kitchens.
b) All equipment, heating and air conditioning is turned off at the end of the session.
c) All crockery and cutlery used has been washed (dishwasher run and unpacked), dried and placed away on shelves and drawers.
d) Rooms are left in the same condition as they were on entry including return of all furniture to place.
e) Lights are turned off in all rooms including in bathrooms.
f) All doors and windows are locked before leaving.
14) The Hirer is responsible for the cost of any breakages of equipment or damage to the premises.
15) MNC recognises the right of our neighbours, so please avoid excessive noise after 9pm.
16) An Invoice will be sent within one month of the event. Payment is due within 30 days of invoice date.
17) MNC will not be responsible for any goods, equipment, food and clothing left in or around the centre. While
storage is sometimes available, security is never guaranteed. All users remain responsible for their property.
Any belongings left in the space will be collected and deposited in the Centre’s Lost Property box, which is
cleaned out weekly. It is the responsibility of the hirer to follow up in relation to goods left behind.
18) Cancellation of any venue on the day of the event will be charged the full amount. Cancellation within a week
will be charged 50% of the booking when full rate applies. Those who have agreed to use the Centre at less
than full price will be asked to make an affordable donation when cancelling.
END OF CONDITIONS