Open House – Emergency Relief
Drop in to the Neighbourhood Centre and there will be someone to listen to you.
You can come in anytime to chat to MNC Volunteers from Monday to Friday 9am – 3pm.
Community lunch is on every Thursday at 12.30pm, payment by donation.
Need households things fixed? Come to the Fix It Cafe which is held on the second and fourth on Thursdays each month from 10am until 2pm.
If you are short of food and things to keep you and your family warm or dry, Maleny Neighbourhood Centre can help. When you come in to our front counter please let a Volunteer know you would like some help. The Volunteer will sit down and help you fill out an “Emergency Relief Form” to ensure we can get you and your family as much help as possible.
Food for three days can be provided including fresh greens from the garden, pasta and sauces, cereals, frozen cooked meals, frozen bread / mince / sausages / margarine, canned food including beans, lentils and chickpeas, bathroom items such as toothbrushes and paste, shampoo and soap, washing powder, etc.
Pending stock on hand, MNC can also provide:
- Street swags
- Sleeping bag or tent
- Portable gas stoves and saucepans
- Blankets, doonas, sheets, towels and pillows
- A place to have a shower
- A washing machine to do your washing
- Pay Forward Coffee Vouchers
- Fuel vouchers for emergencies (when available)
- Telstra Bill Pay Assistance
MNC can also arrange or help to arrange:
- Free Counselling (with registered and insured practitioners)
- Haircuts (4th Wednesday of the month by appointment)
- Budgeting assistance
- Maleny Primary School Emergency Lunches
- Help with Parenting through Caloundra and Hinterland Family Support. Phone Wendy McManus on 0423 716 705
- Help with Literacy
- A link with St Vincent de Paul for furniture or clothing
MNC provides rooms for outreach services of assistance including:
- Partners in Recovery for those suffering persistent mental health issues. Contact Amanda on 0403 400 944 or Paul on 0428 818 643.
- Suncoast Community Legal Service. Phone 5443 7827 for an appointment (SCLS @ MNC every second Monday evening)
- Centrelink at MNC every second Monday morning from 9.30am until 11am. No appointments are made but you might like to phone MNC before coming in
- Max Employment Services provides comprehensive vocational rehabilitation with specialist employment assistance. At MNC every 4 weeks on Wednesdays.
- Community Solutions at MNC every Friday
- Employment Services QLD every Tuesday from 8am until 3pm
We also have a book and DVD exchange system via donation.