Sometimes you just need a hand, or a friendly face and a cuppa, but there may be more we can do to assist you.
Drop in to the Neighbourhood Centre and there will be someone to listen to you.
You can come in anytime to chat to MNC Volunteers from Monday to Friday 10am – 2pm.
If you are short of food and things to keep you and your family warm or dry, Maleny Neighbourhood Centre can help. When you come in to our front counter please let a Volunteer know you would like some help. The Volunteer will sit down and help you fill out an “Emergency Relief Form” to ensure we can get you and your family as much help as possible.
Food for three days can be provided including fresh greens from the garden, pasta and sauces, cereals, frozen cooked meals, frozen bread / mince / sausages / margarine, canned food including beans, lentils and chickpeas, bathroom items such as shampoo, soap, washing powder, etc.
Pending stock on hand, MNC can also provide:
- Street Swags
- Sleeping bag
- Portable gas stoves
- Blankets, doonas, sheets, towels and pillows
- Pay Forward Coffee Vouchers
- Fuel vouchers (limited availability and conditions apply)
- Telstra Bill Pay Assistance
MNC can help to arrange:
- Counselling (with registered and insured practitioners)
- Budgeting assistance
- Help with Parenting
- Help with Literacy
- A link with The Salvation Army & St Vincent de Paul for furniture or clothing
MNC provides rooms for outreach services of assistance including:*
- Suncoast Community Legal Service. Phone 5443 7827 or visit suncoastcommunitylegal.org to make an appointment
- Centrelink at MNC every second Wednesday afternoon from 1 pm until 3 pm. No appointment necessary but you might like to phone MNC first.
We also have a book and DVD exchange system via donation.
*Due to ongoing Covid-19 restrictions, Suncoast Community Legal Service and Centrelink services are not yet available.